20.02.21 — 04.04.21
FORMAT, from its very beginning, was initiated to support early career designers and architects. It functions as a platform to help bridge the gap between education and a professional life in the creative arts. It can be a stressful time of doubt and not knowing. So FORMAT functions as place to gather, learn and support. The last year, as intense as it was, hasn’t stopped this happening. We have however had to approach things differently.
We had to re-think, re-move, re-FORMAT.
This site is a live archive of the laureates’ projects, inspiration and research. You can find out more about the eight projects, made possible thanks to Z33’s support, by clicking on Laureates in the menu above.
If this last year has taught us anything it’s the deep interrelation between our online and offline worlds. The exhibition at Z33 and our DeepMind platform are our attempt to bridge these two worlds, to provide support and to be a place to gather.
What is DeepMind?
Click on DeepMind in the menu above to discover randomly generated posts from our laureates related to their projects and working processes. Each time you visit it or refresh the page the constellation of snippets and images will be different: allowing you to make associations that the laureates had never dreamt of.
How to create you own
- Explore the DeepMind, drag and scale the images as you like.
- Find a post that you want to add to your publication.
- Then click the Save button in the bottom right corner to add it to your collection.
- Once you’re ready, create your personalised exhibition publication by clicking the Create publication in the bottom right corner.
- Finally, a PDF will be automatically generated for you to print off at home or at Z33.
- And voila, you'll have your very own publication.